- The Bioresources Innovations Network for Eastern Africa Development (BioInnovate Africa) Programme is a regional biosciences research and innovation initiative established in 2010 with support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). It is based at the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), and operates in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. The Programme assists these countries to benefit from the revolutionary advances in biosciences, contributing to economic growth and sustainable development. Bionnovate Africa is hosted and managed by icipe in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Bioinnovate, through icipe, intends to procure the services of a private firm to prepare Bioinnovate Africa Projects for a transition into pilot commercial enterprises. See attached Terms of Reference (TOR) for more details: http://www.icipe.org/sites/default/files/ToR_Transition_BA_Projects_into_Pilot_Enterprises_Jan_2020%2B.pdf
- Bioinnovate now invites interested parties who are able to demonstrate technical capability to provide the above-mentioned service.
- Interested parties should:
- Provide consulting firm’s registration documents, PIN and Tax Compliance certificates, and addresses, physical location, website and contact persons. The firm should preferably be operating within eastern Africa.
- Provide organization’s profile detailing organization chart, and CVs of key and relevant technical staff who will deliver the project, clearly indicating technical skills, academic qualifications and years of experience.
- Demonstrate sufficient (over 6 years) practical experiences in business incubation and acceleration, entrepreneurship, business management/administration and other relevant areas listed under section 4 relevant for biobased and/or agribusiness sectors.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of BioInnovate Africa objectives and goals including nature and type of innovation projects.
- Demonstrate experience in supporting start up enterprises as they transition into fully fledged businesses and supporting growth of SMEs.
- Provide a competitive fee quote (in US$) to perform the assignment.
The Invitation for Bids (IFB) must be delivered, in sealed envelopes, to the address below on or before 11:00 hours East Africa Time on 24th February 2020. The bids will be opened the same date and time, in the presence of those submitting. The submissions in hard copy should be clearly marked: ‘Invitation for Bids – Provision of Consultancy service to prepare Bioinnovate Africa projects for a transition into pilot commercial enterprises”. Electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org are permitted. Late submissions will be rejected.
Through icipe Tender Box
icipe Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building,
Off Thika Road, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI