Invitation for bids (IFB)
- The Bioresources Innovations Network for Eastern Africa Development Programme (BioInnovate Africa) is a regional science and innovation-driven initiative that is supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and implemented by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Nairobi, Kenya. The initiative supports scientists in Eastern Africa to link biologically based research ideas, inventions, and technologies to business and the market. The target beneficiaries are scientists and researchers working in universities, research institutes, private sector companies as well as smallholder famers and communities in Burundi, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- BioInnovate Africa, through icipe, seeks to contract an Individual Consultant to carry out a gender analysis, and develop a gender strategy and year one action plan for BioInnovate Africa. Please, find more details in the attached Terms of Reference (TOR) here: http://www.icipe.org/sites/default/files/ToR_Bioinnovate_Gender_Analysis_Consultant.pdf
- BioInnovate Africa now invites interested individuals who can demonstrate technical capability to provide the above-mentioned service.
- Interested individuals should:
- Submit a proposal which describes the consultant’s motivation for the assignment, context and proposed approach to the assignment (refer to detailed ToR).
- Provide a detailed CV, including telephone and e-mail contacts, post address and physical location
- Have a Masters’ degree in gender related areas. A PhD in a gender related field will be an added advantage.Please, attach a copy of the qualification certificate(s).
- Have at least five years’ demonstrable relevant experience post qualification, and a demonstrated experience in carrying out assignments of a similar nature as that required by BioInnovate Africa. Provide contact details of at least three (3) clients you have provided a similar service.
- Demonstrate experience in the research, innovation, or development field, including gender analyses and strategy development, and experience with the multicultural and gender context of Eastern Africa.
- Provide a competitive fee quote (US$) to perform the assignment, with a clear breakdown of each cost and all the chargeable taxes.
- The Request for Quotations must be submitted electronically through e-mail at email@example.com. The submissions should be clearly marked: ‘Invitation for Bids – Provision of consultancy (Individual) service to carry out a Gender analysis and develop a gender strategy and year one action plan for BioInnovate Africa”.
Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building, Off Thika Road, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI