- BioInnovate Africa is a regional biosciences research and innovation initiative established in 2010 with support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). It is implemented as a Programme of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), and operates in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, and collaborates with partners in South Sudan. BioInnovate Africa assists these countries to benefit from the revolutionary advances in biosciences, contributing to economic growth and sustainable development.
- BioInnovate Africa, through icipe, seeks to engage a private firm to assist the BioInnovate Africa (BA) Programme Management Office (PMO) in designing and delivering a 3-5 day bioscience bootcamp involving early-career entrepreneurial scientists at universities, research organizations and firms within the BA participating countries in eastern Africa. The aim of the bioscience bootcamp is to enable entrepreneurial scientists to develop innovative and commercially viable biological based ideas. Qualifying teams will gain skills and improve their capacity to develop competitive proposals in response to BA or other similar calls for innovation projects. Find attached Terms of Reference (TOR) for more details. https://bioinnovate-africa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ToR_Bioscience-Bootcamp.pdf
- BioInnovate Africa now invites interested private firms who are able to demonstrate technical capability to provide the above-mentioned service.
- Interested private firms should:
- Provide the consulting firm’s registration documents, PIN and Tax Compliance certificates, post address and physical location, website and contact persons.
- Provide consultants’ registration and license documents with relevant statutory bodies.
- Provide the firm’s profile detailing organization chart, and CVs of key technical staff who will deliver the project, clearly indicating technical skills, academic qualifications and years of experience.
- Demonstrate sufficient practical hands-on experience (over 3 years) in preparing, facilitating and executing bioscience bootcamps. The firm must demonstrate the ability to manage a call and selection process and share some examples of success stories from previously conducted science-related bootcamp activities.
- The firm should have good working knowledge of BioInnovate Africa mission and objectives including nature and type of sustainable innovation projects.
- Provide a competitive fee quote (in US$) to perform the assignment.
- The Request for Quotations must be delivered to the address below on or before 11:00 hours East Africa Time on 29th May 2020. The submissions should be made electronically through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly marked: ‘Request for Quotations – Provision of consultancy service to design and deliver a bioscience bootcamp for entrepreneurial scientists in BioInnovate Africa participating countries”. Late submissions will be rejected.
Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building, Off Thika Road, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI