- The Bioresources Innovations Network for Eastern Africa Development (BioInnovate Africa) is a regional biosciences research and innovation initiative established in 2010 with support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). It is a regional Programme based at the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), and operates in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, and collaborates with partners in South Sudan. The Programme assists these countries to benefit from the revolutionary advances in biosciences, contributing to economic growth and sustainable development.
- BioInnovate Africa, through icipe, seeks to contract a private firm to coordinate the 1st Eastern Africa Bioeconomy Conference to be held virtually on 21st and 22nd October 2020. Please find more details in the attached Terms of Reference (TOR) here: https://bioinnovate-africa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ToR-Bioinnovate-event-management-Consultancy2020.pdf
- BioInnovate Africa now invites interested private firms who are able to demonstrate technical capability to provide the above-mentioned service.
- Interested private firms should:
- Provide the firm’s registration documents, PIN and Tax Compliance certificates, post address and physical location, website and contact persons.
- Provide the firm’s profile detailing organization chart, and CVs of key technical staff who will deliver the project, clearly indicating technical skills, academic qualifications and years of experience.
- Have at least five years’ demonstrable relevant experience of a similar nature as required by Bioinnovate Africa. Preference will be given to firms with sufficient experience in managing events for international organisations with links to local, regional, and international audiences.
- Demonstrate sufficient practical hands-on experience in managing similar events. Provide contact details of at least three (3) firms you have provided similar service.
- Provide a competitive fee quote (US$) to perform the assignment, with a clear breakdown of each cost and all the chargeable taxes.
- The Request for Quotations must be submitted electronically through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11:00 hours East Africa Time on 4th September 2020. The submissions should be clearly marked: ‘Request for Quotations – Provision of consultancy service to coordinate the 1st Eastern Africa Bioeconomy Conference to be held virtually on 21st and 22nd October 2020”. Late submissions will be rejected.
icipe Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building, Off Thika Road, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI