- BioInnovate Africa is a regional biosciences research and innovation initiative established in 2010 with support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). It is based at the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), and operates in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, and collaborates with partners in South Sudan. BioInnovate Africa assists these countries to benefit from the revolutionary advances in biosciences, contributing to economic growth and sustainable development.
- BioInnovate Africa, through icipe, seeks to contract a professional documentary production firm to carry out the services outlined below:
- Film BioInnovate Africa activities and contributions on innovation in the development context of eastern Africa and provide a max of 8 minutes video documentary, as well as photograph.
- Provide a max of 2 minutes video documentary profiling BioInnovate Africa with the use of animation.
Please find more details in the attached Terms of Reference (TOR) here: https://bioinnovate-africa.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/BioInnovate_Africa_TORs_Video-Documentary.pdf
- BioInnovate Africa now invites interested firms who are able to demonstrate technical capability to provide the above-mentioned service.
- Interested private firms should:
- Provide the consulting firm’s registration documents, PIN and Tax Compliance certificates, post address and physical location, website and contact persons.
- Provide the firm’s profile detailing organization chart, and CVs of key technical staff who will deliver the project, clearly indicating technical skills, academic qualifications and years of experience.
- Have at least Five years’ experience working in a similar field as BioInnovate Africa is seeking. Provide three (3) examples of similar films and/or documentaries produced.
- Proven experience in producing research and development related documentaries for national and international organisations, targeting local and international audiences. Provide evidence.
- Excellent technical capacities (for example, state-of-the-art filming and post-production equipment, in High Definition). Please provide evidence.
- Provide a competitive fee quote to perform the assignment.
- The Request for Quotations must be submitted electronically through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11:00 hours East Africa Time on 24th July 2020. The submissions should be clearly marked: ‘Request for Quotations – Provision of consultancy for production of a Bioinnovate Africa documentary on innovation in the development context of Eastern Africa”. Late submissions will be rejected.
icipe Duduville campus, Carroll Wilson Building, Off Thika Road, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772-00100, NAIROBI